Friday, September 2, 2011

THESE ARE THE YEARS

So I firmly believe that between the ages of 18-26 these are the years you are suppose to experiment. No, I'm not talking about drugs. I am talking about other things. Things like traveling, and the way you dress, the way you talk to people, your personality. These are the years you discover who you really are. You don't really discover who you are until you are 25. At least that's what I have heard. I guess you could call it writing your own story. Between these ages you are suppose to go out in a crazy outfit and not care what people think. Or give someone you don't know a compliment. I run around in panda hats and dinosaur suits...yes people think I'm weird, but that doesn't phase me because I am having fun! You should care what people think. We aren't in high school anymore. Stop worrying about others, and start to discover yourself. (I don't know how long this blog is going to be...it is a rant.) Most kids in high school aren't mature enough to get this concept of not caring. Don't care, because in 10 years you most likely won't know Sarah (the most popular girl in school) and you most likely won't be dating Jimmy (your current boyfriend). I learned this the hard way. I conformed to what others wanted me to be. And I am 22 now and it wasn't until I was about 20 that I started doing what I wanted to do, instead of what others wanted me to do. I make my own decisions and do my own things. I run around acting silly, and my friends are amazing. They like me for being my crazy self! I love them for doing the same. Don't get caught up in what you were in high school. Because 10 years from graduation when you go back to your reunion...people will be different. In the real world it doesn't matter how popular or unpopular you were, trust me it doesn't. Just discover in these years who you are now (without the high school "glam") and who you want to be. That's what's important. Just remember These Are The Years. Don't waste them, make 'em count!

No comments:

Post a Comment