Sunday, August 28, 2011

MY TOP 10 THRIFT FINDS










So today I have decided to blog about thrift stores! I go thrifting at least once a week, and I find a lot of bizarre, and amazing things. I mostly buy clothes, but I have bought several other things before. There are so many thrift stores in Atlanta, but you have to go to the right ones. Also there are several tips you must remember while thrifting in order to find a good, sensational piece. Also, Thrifting doesn't mean just going to thrift stores. Yard sales are also sometimes a good source of savvy shopping. Even going to consign
ment shops aren't so bad, if you are looking for more name brand things. Just be prepared to spend time going through racks and racks of clothes to find a treasure :)(Warning you, I buy a lot of thrift store clothes I will mostly put pictures of those up here :))

#10: I found a really really really cool vintage couch from the 60's. If I remember correctly it cost me about $35 from Last Chance Thrift Store. It was in my living room at my old apartment, but it is now in storage. But when I get my new place, I will most likely have it either in my bed room or in my living room once again. (I have pictures of it, but none of them are that good.)



#9: Among the many clothes I buy, I love buying button up and down shirts. One day I was looking through clothing and I found this amazing navy and white stripped shirt, with silve
r buttons. I posted a picture to the left. This shirt cost me around $2 at Last Chance Thrift Store.


#8: The next item on my list is a vintage 1960's louis vuitton bag. Unfortunately it is in storage, so I don't have a picture of it. But when I looked up how much vintage vuitto
n was going for online, I was pleased to know that I got a $2,000
bag for a mere $20 at goodwill!




#7: One day I decided to go to a few thrift stores that I wasn't use to. I went to
this thrift store down the street called second chances, mainly because I had a $10 gift certificate. I was looking around, I had already found a few things that I really liked, but then I saw this brown dress. It is
a Liz Claiborne from most likely the late 90's. It is valued between $50-$60, but I got it for $4 dollars. I was so happy! I love this dress!











#6: I go to antique shops a lot as well as thrift stores. One day I was just browsing around a shop that I had never really been in before, and I found these gold earrings. I thought they were really cool looking. I asked the lady what year they were and she said late 70's early 80's. They were priced at like $25, but she gave them to me for $6 dollars. The place I got them at is called Decatur Estate.




#5: There is this place in Atlanta that I really enjoy going to. Sometimes you can find some good deals. It is called little 5 points. Well in little 5 there is a store called Rag-O-Rama that I enjoy going to because they have a lot of
vintage, name brand and just odd pieces. That is where I found a really cool RED vintage sweater shirt. The brand is called Keneth Too. And it is most likely from the 80's, but it can be dressed up or down. It goes with pretty much any style I choose. I had it's original tags on it and everything. The original price was like $25. I got it for $8. So I was pleased.

#4: So the next item that I chose was a pair of shoes (shown at the top). I do enjoy
wearing them, they are pretty run of the mill shoes except they have a sort of pizzazz to them. I found these on one of Last Chance's HALF OFF MONDAY. I go a lot on
Mondays because EVERYTHING IS HALF OFF! And if you go early enough and beat the crowds, you can find some really good stuff. I got these shoes for $1.50. They are a pretty awesome brand too.



#3: My number three surprised even me. I was shopping at a Goodwill just the other day and I found this amazing pair of white jeans. They are Levi Strauss. They still had the price tag
on them. The price was $150. I got them for $8. I was smiling out the door of the store.



#2: My number 2 was found at Rag-O-Rama as well. (I know the picture is small and I am sorry for that). At first I was just trying this dress on as a joke. But then when I actually put it on,
it looked surprisingly cute on me. I had to have it. It had tulips all over it and I thought if I paired it with some cute sandals or cowboy boots and a belt then it would be perfect. And it is. It is also vintage-ish, from the late 80's. I got it for $10. It was pretty much worth it.

NOW THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

#1: My number one is also vintage. I got it from this place in little 5 points
called Stefan's. This is probably the only piece I have ever bought from there. It is from the late 1960's. I researched stuff like this, and the original price of this piece was most likely around $40 or $50. But it is valued now at about $70. But I got it for a steal. The lady gave it to me for $21. I was so happy when I got this. I put it on right away.



Alright well I hope you enjoyed looking at my treasures :) I enjoyed going through my closet and looking for this stuff. I try not to over stuff my closet with clothes and when ever I bring a bunch of clothes in I usually get rid of a bunch of stuff. I will try and resell some of my stuff, but I usually just either give them away or donate them. If anyone actually reads this blog and wants to know my top 5 favorite thrift stores, or tips on thriftiness just comment on this blog :) or if there is anything else you would like me to blog about, feel free to ask :) Thank you!










2 comments: